Neutron Music Player
Neutron is a professional music player with high quality 32/64-bit audio rendering engine which helps to deliver to you the best possible sound quality from the Android device
Neutron provides the sophisticated UI with advanced controls for music playback. It is not easy or another ‘pop’ music player, it is developed for the audiophiles and those who really in love with music. Recommended for use with Hi-Fi/High-End audio hardware.
Hope you’ll like Neutron and have fun with it!
- 32/64-bit audio processing (high quality HD audio).
- OS and platform independent decoding and audio processing.
- Bit-perfect playback.
- Audio formats: MP1, MP2, MP3, OGG (Vorbis), FLAC, OPUS, WMA, WMA Lossless (16-bit), AC3, AAC, M4A, M4B, M4R, MP4, 3GP, 3G2, MOV, ALAC, APE (Monkey’s Audio), WV (WavPack), MPC (MusePack), WAV, AU, AIFF, MPG/MPEG (audio), AVI (audio), iTunes/Windows Media (non DRM).
- DSD decoding (requires fast CPU, minimally DSD64).
- DOP (DSD over PCM), DXD.
- Module music formats: MOD, IM, XM, S3M.
- Voice audio format: SPEEX.
- Playlists: CUE, M3U, PLS, ASX, RAM, XSPF, WPL.
- Lyrics (.LRC files, metadata).
- Streaming audio (plays Internet radio streams, Icecast).
- Supports large media libraries.
- Network music sources:
- SMB/CIFS network device (NAS or PC, Samba shares);
- UPnP/DLNA media server;
- FTP server;
- WebDAV server.
- Output to Chromecast (up to 24-bit, 192 kHz, no limit for a format or DSP effects).
- Output to UPnP/DLNA Media Renderer (up to 24-bit, 768 kHz, no limit for a format or DSP effects).
- Direct output to USB DAC (via USB OTG adapter, up to 32-bit, 768 kHz).
- 32-bit output on Android 5+ (IEEE 754, optional).
- UPnP/DLNA Media Renderer server (gapless, DSP effects).
- Device local music library management via internal FTP server.
- DSP effects:
- Parametric Equalizer (4-30 band, fully configurable: type, frequency, Q, gain);
- Graphic EQ mode with 21 common presets;
- Surround Sound (Ambiophonic R.A.C.E.);
- Crossfeed (better stereo sound perception in headphones);
- Compressor / Limiter (compression of dynamic range);
- Time Delay (loudspeaker time alignment);
- Dithering (minimize quantization);
- Pitch, Tempo (playback speed and pitch correction).
- Speaker overload protecting filters: Subsonic, Ultrasonic.
- Normalization by Peak, RMS (Preamp gain calculation after DSP effects).
- Replay Gain from metadata.
- Gapless playback (sample accurate).
- Hardware and Preamp volume controls.
- Phase inversion.
- High quality real-time optional resampling (Quality and Audiophile modes).
- Real-time Spectrum and RMS analyzers.
- Balance (L/R).
- Mono mode.
- Playback modes: shuffle, looped, single track, queue.
- Playlist management.
- Media library grouping by: album, artist, composer, genre, year, rating, folder.
- Artist grouping by ‘Album Artist’ category.
- Folder mode.
- Clock mode.
- Timers: sleep, wake.
- Interface languages: Русский, 中文 (繁体), 中文 (简体), 한국어, 日本語, Việt, ไทย, Deutsch, Italiano, Nederlands, Français, English, Español, ελληνικά, Português, Magyar, Polski, العربية, Türk.
- Optimized for: ARMv7 VFP/NEON, ARMv8 NEON, x86 SSE2.
– WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: to save the Neutron database in /Android/data/com.neutroncode.mp folder.
– READ_PHONE_STATE: to auto-stop music playback when phone starts ringing.
– GET_ACCOUNTS: to generate unique hardware/account key for the Licensing and Trial expiration. This information will be auto-deleted from the Licensing server in 1 month time.
– INTERNET: for the audio streaming feature of Neutron.
– WRITE_SETTINGS: for ringtone.
- Support for Tile view for the lists of groups (albums, artists, folders, …): long-press top-level group header (Artists, Albums, Folders, …) – Setup – Tile View to activate.
- hi-res audio driver compatibility with Samsung Galaxy S20 devices;
- reconnection routine if network is changed during listening.
- compatibility with Samsung Galaxy A devices (silence if Hi-Res Codec is switched on);
- track info not visible in Playing Now if color set to Black;
- consistency scrolling with grip or ABC lookup could not reach the bottom of the list;
- fixed crash if streaming playlist can not be loaded (regression of 2.13.3).